R-326 Switch for the frequency ranges;
is a Russian portable HF-receiver with tubes.
It was issued in the late 60s as "secret".
It can be operated with the accompanying PSU WS-2,5M, or with inserted batteries.
The solid aluminium housing has leather seals.
The IF- bandwith can be controlled between 3000 and 6000 Hz.
the AGC (automatic amplifying control) causes: if the antenna current changes for 60 dB
(1000-fold), the NF- output changes only for 10 dB.
The most important operational elements on the front are:
Frequency setting is either coarse by the rear knob; and fine with a gearing by the
Finetuning can be watched by a reflected picture on a milkglass screen. The numbers are reflected by a
This fine scale can be corrected electrically and mechanically.
The both lower knobs are loudness (left) and band width (right).
The connectors are line (left) and headphones (right).
- Frequency ranges:
- 1 .. 20 MHz, in 6 ranges
- range 1: 1.0 .. 1.92 MHz
- range 2: 1.92 .. 2.8 MHz
- range 3: 2.8 .. 4.315 MHz
- range 4: 4.315 .. 8.725 MHz
- range 5: 8.725 .. 12.0 MHz
- range 6: 12.0 .. 20.0 MHz
- A3, A1 (CW)
- Antenna input:
- Frequency setting:
- Combination knob fast / slow
- and for an accurate setting an optical scale
- A1: 2 µV; A3: 4 µV.
- External power
- Field phone
- Powered by:
- 2 x battery KN14 or
- PSU WS-2,5 M
- 1.4 A with lighted scale
- 1.15 A without lightes scale
- Active components:
- 19 tubes, 2 transistors and 6 diodes
- 1,5m- rod antenna
- 4m- rod antenna
- 12m- inclined antenna
- Complete radio set in box: 45 kg
- Receiver alone 14.7 kg
- receiver 225 x 270 x 370 mm
- PSU 150 x 120 x 150 mm
- Transport box 680 x 460 x 400 mm