The radio Kleinfunksprechgerät KL 4
was a UHF radio for short distances used by different authorities.
Pictures in the handbook hint it was built to be used by the army. Other editions also were built e.g. for firefighters.
It can be used with rod or wire antennas. It is a tube radio, the vibrator is built in. The housing is watertight.
It uses a silver-zinc-battery with four cells. One cell is for filament, the other three cells provide the voltage for the vibrator.
- Frequency range:
- 172.0 ... 172.7 MHz
- 172.0; 172.1; 172.3; 172.4; 172.5; 172.7 MHz
- Frequency modulation, F3
- Output HF:
- 400 mW
- 1.5 µV
- Bandwidth NF:
- 300 ... 3000 Hz
- Operation hours:
- 7 .. 8 hrs with one battery load
- Antennas and range:
- Rod antenna: 3 ... 5 km
- Wire antenna (extra bag) 8 ... 12 km
- Undisturbed view: up to 50 km
- Tone call:
- 1750 Hz, button on the hand mike
- Silver-Zinc-Battery 4 cells à 1.5 V, 10 Ah
- 1 cell for filament;
- 3 serial cells for the vibrator
- 9 tubes DF 906
- 10 tubes DF 904
- 3 tubes DL 907
- Year of issue:
- 1952 / 1953
- Built by: