Handfunksprecher Funk 546 K 314
is a portable tube radio, built by Siemens. The range is some km.
There are two versions, for 2 meters und for 4 meters.
Funk 546 K 314a: 156 ... 174 MHz
Funk 546 K 314b: 68 ... 87.5 MHz
It can be carried by hand or in a pouch. A fixed station antenna may be connected.
By operating the radio on only one fixed frequency, operation is very simple. Sensitivity and output can be optimized
resulting in an improved range.
Circuits of transmitter and receiver are separated .So duplex operation is also possibly by using different crystals.
The radio is rugged and water protected, thought for heavy duty operation or in the field.
It is powered by rechargeable batteries or a power supply, the power supply being interchanged without any tools.
Year of issue could have been 1958.
Mountain rescuing etc.
- Frequency (Museum radio):
- 163.25 MHz
- HF output:
- 250 mW
- 1 µV / 20 db
- 2 portables: up to 3 km
- at fixed station antennas: up to 20 km
- NF- Output:
- 2 mW
- Powered by:
- 1 battery 2V ( filament ) plus
- 3 parallel batteries 6 V for transistor transformer ( Anode )
- or 2 kinds of NC- batteries
- Power consumption:
- 2V- battery: 525 mA
- 6V- battery: receiving: 350 mA, transmitting: 450 mA.
- Number of tubes:
- Operating time, 10% transmitting:
- lead battery 9 hrs
- Nc- battery big;: 11 hrs
- Nc- battery small: 7 hrs